Reading Teen

Two "young adult" moms and their teens chat about books together!

Just Like Fate

Just Like Fate - Cat Patrick, Suzanne Young At a Glance:
Just Like Fate so good! Even though sometimes it was a tear jerker, I loved it! I really enjoyed how every other chapter was about what happens in one of the two pathways that Caroline chose for her fate. And in each life she falls in love with a guy. It's just brilliant. Which path is the better choice? Such a fun read.

Romance:
I loved the romance in this book, because she has two different lives with two different guys. Sometimes she would choose the wrong guy, but she would always end up with the perfect decision for her. Haha, my mom tore out a page with some adult content, so I have no idea what that was.

Heroine:
Caroline Cabot is a seventeen year old girl stuck on which fate to choose for her life. She was very witty and fun. She was never really annoying, just that sometimes, she would choose a very wrong pathway for her life.

Hero or Zero?
Joel Ryder = Zero: Definitely not my favorite character in this book. Sometimes he just really annoying. Sometimes I would like him, and then sometimes I would just hate him.

Christopher Drew = Hero: on the other hand... Is amazing. I would say that he is my absolute favorite character out of the whole book. He is just romantic, sweet, kind, very protective over Caroline, the most quirkiest guy and the entire story.

Favorite Supporting Character:
I really loved Simone. She was very funny, quirky, and always had Caroline's back throughout the whole book. She really just lit the entire book up.

Something I loved:
I liked the whole book altogether. I really loved the romance, the way the book was written, and I really love her Chapter Go life. Wait, when you read the book, you will totally agree with me.

Something(s) I hated:
I really didn't like Joel Ryder, his character is just a jerk. He was a womanizer, player... it got kinda a bad.

Cliffhanger?
Yes and no. It's really one of those books where you really don't know if there is going to be a sequel... But I really hope there will be... so the answer is yes, there is a small cliffhanger.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, I would recommend it to anyone that loves romance. I am definitely telling all my friends to read it, even my mother Amy.

Did my friends like it?
Yes, my friend Natalie loved it! She says its in her top favorites.

-Anna