Reading Teen

Two "young adult" moms and their teens chat about books together!

Pivot Point

Pivot Point - Kasie West GUYS! WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME?!?!

I'm pretty sure I had this book at one point and gave it away. Why? Why? Why??? I really didn't know what to expect when I started reading it, and the beginning seemed cute, but simple. But, guys, I couldn't stop! I was up until 3AM reading this book because I made the mistake of starting it in the evening.

For those who don't know, Addie Coleman is a Searcher, which basically means that when she has a decision to make, she can Search both choices to see which ends up the best for her. Each chapter goes back and forth between her choices (whether to live with her mom with the other gifteds, or move with her dad to live in the normal world), where she develops friendships, and romances with the different people she encounters. As we follow her lives, things start to get a little strange, and just when you think you know which path Addie should take, you realize you might have made a terrible decision. I loved everything about this book. Sure, you could probably nit-pick it apart (kind-of similar to time travel books), but if you just go with it, you will find yourself lost in this incredible story. It's funny, sweet, exciting, imaginative, disconcerting, and sometimes heart-breaking, but always completely fantastic.

If you haven't read this one yet, YOU MUST!! And even though it could totally be a stand-alone, the sequel, SPLIT SECOND, is coming out soon (and I hear it's every bit as awesome)!!

Dreams of Gods & Monsters