Reading Teen

Two "young adult" moms and their teens chat about books together!

Nobody's Secret hc

Nobody's Secret - Michaela MacColl Nobody's Secret is a novel of historical fiction based on 15 year old Emily Dickinson, the famous poet of the 19th century. Emily becomes entangled in the investigation of the death of an unknown young man. She must keep her sleuthing secret from her disapproving mother and nosy sister. The story takes place in puritanical New England where Emily challenges the accepted rules of behavior for young women of that time. The story is very clearly and simply written. The characters are well-developed and believable. There is a build up of suspense as the solution of the mystery begins to become clear, but this is not a nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat, whodunit. I enjoyed reading this story as I like historical fiction. I did make one big mistake by "Googling Emily Dickinson" before I finished the book. The details of her actual life were not the sequel that I would have hoped to see. I would recommend this book to all readers who like history but feel that it is geared to younger people.-JanethReadingTeen.net Content: Language: Hell -1 time Sexual Content: None Violence: A man is murdered but there isn't any graphic descriptions. Other: A description of and discussion about a dead body.

Dreams of Gods & Monsters